YOUR HELP IS NEEDED
We are very proud of our Anti-Poaching Rangers as they live a tough life in the field protecting our Rhinos and other animals. Anti-Poaching patrols are not just an integral part of any Game Reserve / Farm, but are also often the unseen heroes of the fields as they go about their daily activities (such as sweeps for snares, patrol drives, patrol walks, setting up ambushes, night-long watches, etc.) in stealth mode carrying basic equipment and eating basic food.
The life of an Anti-Poacher usually means working long hours straight which involves walking many kilometers through the fields each day and night carrying only what they need.
Some personal Anti-Poaching gear needs to be continually replaced due to the heavy wear-and-tear of these items (e.g. Sleeping Bags, Roll Mats, Tents, Camouflage Uniforms and Boots). We would like to go one step further and ask for donations to help replace these and obtain other expensive equipment.
While Anti-Poaching Rangers choose this life and go through more rigorous training than the army to prepare themselves for the field, we try to do what we can to improve their lives in the field and there are many ways that you can help.
- Handheld Thermal Imager (please feel free to ask us for suggestions)
- Handheld Night Vision (please feel free to ask us for suggestions)
- Cameras (please feel free to ask us for suggestions)
- Sleeping Bags
- Rain Coats
- AA or D Batteries (rechargeable)
- SD Memory Card (2 GB)
- Camera Straps (please feel free to ask us for suggestions)
- Money Donations (that will be used to purchase the items needed by the teams)
- Sleeping / Roll mats
- Tools (knifes, torches etc.)
- Walking / Hiking boots
- Water Bottles
- Small Backpacks (neutral colours)
- Plasters, Bandage, Antiseptic Cream, Painkillers, Paracetamol etc
- Food (instant noodles, canned foods)
- Clothes (men’s size)
- Insect Repellents
- Camping Pillows
- Candles, Lighters, Matches
- Hats and Caps
- Mosquito Nets
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
HOW TO DONATE
Please complete our contact form on the contact page and mention “Donations” in the subject field, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
We want to thank the under mentioned individuals and companies for their generous support and donation to assist us in our battle against the brutal on slaughter of our wildlife, and in particular to protect the decreasing number of Rhinoceros. Your support makes the difference.